Friday, August 26, 2011

Breakfast tart

This breakfast tart took next to no time to make! I actually make this tonight for tomorrow morning, but decided it looked too good to leave so I ended up eating most of it.

It's actually ridiculously simple, and I followed no particular recipe, just things I threw together.


I made the pastry by mixing some flour with some cold water (I didn't measure how much) until it formed a nice dough. Then I kneaded it a little and rolled it out and shaped it in muffin tins already greased with a little bit of baking spray.
I then put in some pumpkin (pre-steamed), some basil pesto, a couple of pieces of pineapple (tasted so refreshing in there), some bacon and cracked an egg on top! Sprinkle some cracked pepper and salt to taste and you're good to go. I baked these babies at ~210degC for about 15 minutes until the pastry looked done since all the other ingredients in there were precooked.




Breakfast tart ingredients


Flour (however much you think you need to form a dough)
Cold water (a few tbsps depending on how much flour)

Pumpkin (pre-steamed)
Basil pesto
Eggs (depending on how many pastry cups you have)
Bacon (pre-cooked)
Pineapple pieces (fresh pineapples are sweeter and juicier)

No comments:

Post a Comment